£9.50 per hourly rate + £1.15 per hour in lieu of annual leave (£10.65 per hr)
We are always looking for new Relief Staff and so welcome applications all year round
- Flexible hours
- Great way to get into the care sector
We need a pool of relief staff to cover for holidays and sickness mainly within our various day opportunities. We are looking for people who are flexible and adaptable. Ideally you should have previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities, but full induction and training will be given.
The main tasks will include:
- Working as part of the team carrying out tasks appropriate to that activity.
- Enabling and supporting the project participants in whatever ways are appropriate.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the project participants at all times.
- Where necessary, providing transport to enable participants to access the project and take part in the planned activities.
In addition, relief staff will be required to:
- Attend relevant training events/activities.
- Work within ECHO’s Health & Safety guidelines.
- Work within the Equality & Diversity statement of ECHO.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post, as requested by the ECHO management.
How to apply
The rate of pay for ECHO relief staff is currently £9.50 for each hour worked, plus an additional 1.15/hour in lieu of holiday, thus increases the hourly rate paid to £10.65. If you are interested in joining our team, please complete the application form (see link below). Please give as much information about your previous experience as possible. Once we have received your form, if you meet our criteria, you will be invited for interview. If successful, you will then undergo a DBS police check and initial induction and training.
We aim to hold interviews within 6 weeks of receiving an application