ECHO’s vision is of an equitable society where all disabled people are valued, respected and supported to flourish.
ECHO’s mission is to make a real difference to the lives of disabled people in Herefordshire, supporting them to be valued members of their community.
- Inclusiveness – we recognise that diversity is strength and will seek to involve all people, as active participants in their community.
- Responsive – we will work with individuals and groups to meet community needs and make a difference.
- Quality – we will strive for excellence in the delivery of our services and activities.
- Accessible – we will provide fair and open access to all our opportunities and support.
- Forward looking – we will recognise the need for continual review and improvement.
- Impact focused – we believe that success is measured by outcomes, and will seek to deliver results that benefit both individuals and the community.
In all our work, ECHO believes that people need to:
- be recognised and treated as individuals
- be valued in their local community
- have friendships and relationships
- be given meaningful choices which enhance quality of life
- have expectations of achievement
- have control over decisions
- have support from good quality trained staff
- take part in planning that affects their lives